Thursday, May 31, 2012

Don't Throw Away Those Old Bundles of Newspaper Just Yet!

What do you do with old bundles or newspapers?  Do you throw them away or recycle?
Well, I like to recycle but I also like to reuse them for something else.

I was raised by my grandparents until I was 10 in Korea, which was 21 years ago.  Back then we didn't have many things as we did today.  One of the things we didn't have were paper towels.  To clean windows and mirrors my grandparents used a sheet of newspaper and a water spritzer.  Ever since I became more thrifty, I started to take my grandparents' habits into use.

You wouldn't believe it but cleaning windows and mirrors with a sheet of newspaper and Windex does WONDERS.  It doesn't leave any debris and leaves a streak free shine.  The texture of the newspaper gets off all the nasty dirt and grime that's built up on the windows.  It will also cut your cleaning windows time in half.  Not to mention you save money by not using paper towels!

Other ways you can use your newspapers are:
  • Compost for your garden
  • Newspaper mulch for your garden
  • Give it to someone else who can't afford it
  • Use as a table or counter top cover when you are working with something messy
  • To make fire
  • Makes a great fly swatter
Those are just few of many!  Let your imaginations go wild!  What do you do with your old newspapers?

-Nerdy Mom

P.S. Remember to reduce, reuse and recycle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...